Sanitary protection zone (sanitary gap) is a zone which separates residential and municipal buildings from industrial enterprises, their separate buildings and structures with technological processes producing negative impact on people’s health (noise, dustiness, polluting emissions, etc).
Sanitary protection zone territory is intended for:
- abatement of the negative impact to required hygienic standards for all production factors;
- setting-up landscaped areas which provide screening, assimilation and filtration of air pollutants and microclimate comfort enhancement.
In pre-design and project documentation for construction of new enterprises and facilities, reconstruction or modernization of existing enterprises and facilities, funds must be planned for sanitary protection zone arrangement and improvement, including relocation of residents (if needed).
Sanitary protection zone (SPZ) size of the enterprises causing negative physical impact is determined by calculation, taking into account the location of pollutant sources and nature of noise, infrasound, polluting emissions and other physical factors generated by them.
When putting facilities into operation, validity of calculations for SPZ setting has to be verified by field measurements.
SPZ downsizing comparing to reference sizes corresponding to sanitary classification is possible in case of:
· objective evidence of stable human impact level on the SPZ border and beyond it within the framework of regulatory requirements to materials, systematic (no less frequently than once a year) laboratory monitoring of the air pollution (for newly set up enterprises it is possible to consider the laboratory data for comparable facilities);
· verification by field measurements of noise and other physical factors reduction within residential construction area below hygienic standards;
· production capacity reduction, structural changes, enterprise conversion and subsequent change of hazard rating.
To develop the SPZ project the Contractor has to obtain planning and building permits from the Customer.
Lack of any documentation from this list leads to delay in project development and can also be the reason for absence of Safety and Health Certificate of project documentation compliance with public health regulations.
Qualified and experienced specialists of our Institute can implement a sanitary protection zone project for facilities of various purpose and complexity.
According to SP 1.1.1058-01 ‘Production supervision over sanitary regulations observance and sanitary and disease control (preventive) measures implementation’ to establish SPZ borders (after SPZ downsizing project approvals in the Russian Federal Service for Consumer Rights and Health Protection (‘Rospotrebnadzor’)), it is necessary to execute production supervision of air pollution condition and noise levels on the SPZ border.
This task is performed by our accredited testing laboratory.
We also offer you development and execution of the Program (scheduled plan) of production supervision over sanitary regulations observance and sanitary and disease control (preventive) measures implementation at the enterprise.